Madgex, the UK market leader in B2B web publishing systems, has designed an interactive community site and content management system for Legal Week, the leading weekly publication for the legal professional.
Legal Week’s site, www.legalweek.com, has now gone live and for the first time allows readers to engage with both the editorial team and each other.
The site has been given a complete face-lift using a unique customisation of Madgex’s Origin Content Manager software. The new features have been designed to give Legal Week’s community of readers an active voice and include:
- Legal Week wiki: Created and updated by Legal Week’s online community, the Legal Week provides an indispensable guide to UK and US law firms from an insider’s point of view.
- Editor’s and Legal Village blogs: Allow the editorial team and leading figures from the profession to express personal views on industry topics and participate in dialogue with Legal Week’s online community.
- Talkback: A centralised area for readers to react to and discuss the biggest stories of the week.
- Career Clinic: Draws on readers’ experiences to help others with their career dilemmas.
- Social calendar: Encourages readers to email details of their own upcoming social events, helping the community to network offline.
Madgex’s Origin Content Manager software also benefits Legal Week’s journalists behind-the-scenes. Entering articles directly into the content management system allows them to publish directly to the web, saving them time and allowing them to lead the breaking news agenda.
Nigel Almeida, publisher of Legal Week, says: “Law is very much a people business. The revamped site puts our online community at the heart of the profession. The new, interactive features mean we can enable business lawyers to directly engage with our editorial team and each other.”
Madgex recognises the importance of building online communities around publications in order for publishers to overcome the industry-wide challenge of sliding print circulations and declining advertising revenue. Attracting online eyes can make-up in part for lost income and b2b, national and consumer titles are all devising stronger online strategies.
Legal Week is the latest example of how Madgex is helping b2b web publishers monetise their websites by delivering expert consultancy and tailored, interactive websites. The Legal Week project is part of a wider relationship with the title’s publisher, Incisive Media, which has already seen the launch of interactive job boards at www.legalweekjobs.com and www.insurancejobs.co.uk.