We are experts in career technology. We have been providing job board and recruitment technology to our clients since 2000, working with the world’s leading media brands and organisations in 10 languages and 14 countries.
Madgex has offices based across the globe and has been named in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and Great Places to Work.
We’re looking for a Software Support Developer to join our friendly Support team in the heart of Brighton. You will be working with your team to investigate and fix all bugs on our Job Board product.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Investigating, triaging and resolving client and product-based bugs
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships
- Possessing great awareness of the commercial impact of client issues
- Root cause analysis
- Documenting atypical fixes for future use
Who You Are:
- Fast learner
- You love problem-solving; you’ve got great critical thinking and investigation skills
- You have excellent attention to detail
- Proven track record of in-depth product knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Evidence of good prioritisation and organisational skills
You’re an empathetic, supportive team member who is enthusiastic about personal growth and learning both the ins and outs of the products you support and your own technical development. You are passionate about providing great customer service to bring success to our client’s businesses.
You will already have achieved big things whether you have a degree or not and you’ll be looking to start the next chapter in your career within a growing, global company. You are creative, consistent and dynamic as well as inspiring, supportive and a great communicator.
Skills We’re Looking For:
- SQL Server/TSQL
- Object oriented methodologies
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, Scrum and Kanban
- Git (or similar version control)
Bonus points for experience with:
- Octopus Deploy (or similar release management tools)
What It’s Like to Work at Madgex:
You will be part of a team of 4 Support Developers, 2 based in Brighton (including yourself) and 2 in Oakville, Canada. The team very much work autonomously day to day, managing their own work load while also supporting each other constantly. The Support team have a dedicated line manager who is passionate about your personal development and ensuring you are happy in your role – regular 1 – 2-1s and feedback are very important to us.
Smart — intelligent, innovative, problem solvers
Collaborative — with clients, with each other
Bold — challenge, brave, think big, thought leaders
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on team work, learning and development, and our regular social gatherings
- A salary of £25,000-£35,000 reviewed annually
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing each year you work with us up 30 days
- Flexible working and enhanced family/partner friendly policies
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including Simply Health Cash Plan, Perkbox, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from Yoga to massages
- We’re committed to your personal career growth through learning
- Free Food Fridays including salad, cake and our infamous Deli Day
Send us your CV along with a covering letter telling us about you, your career, your ambitions and why you think you’d be a great fit within our team. We can’t wait to hear from you and invite you into the Madgex team.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).