You’ll be tackling the interesting and often complex challenge of how we can bring together employers and jobseekers in powerful new ways.
Madgex builds recruitment technology for some of the world’s leading brands, like the New York Times, The Guardian, Financial Times and many others. We focus on creating the best connections between the millions of talented people and employers that use our platforms.
We’re revolutionising the job board industry, designing new experiences for jobseekers and giving employers the ability to showcase what makes them unique. Our approach is driven by data and machine learning, making the most of the 12million job searches that happen across our products each month.
Your role is essential in helping architect and develop the underlying server-side services for our new products:
- Build and maintain Node.js APIs to support the product’s features including coding, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment
- Help integrate the Machine Learning research of the Madgex data team into production service
Experience we’re looking for
- Good commercial development experience in Node.js, including coding, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment
- Experience with ES6, using async/await and using design patterns
- Experience with Webpack and client-side frameworks such as Vue and React
- Experience with Testing Tools and code quality checks, e.g. code coverage and linting using libraries like Mocha, Chai, ESLint or alternatives
- Solid understanding of building performant REST APIs with HAPI.js or similar framework
- Strong experience with git, npm and all the common Node modules
- Some experience with AWS such as Lambda, S3, ECS, and CloudWatch
- SQL knowledge (MySQL or Postgres) and familiarity with techniques to identify slow queries and debugging
- Docker ecosystem and container orchestration systems such as ECS or Kubernetes
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on team work, learning and development, and our regular social gatherings
- A salary of £40,000-£50,000, reviewed annually
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing each year you work with us up 30 days
- Flexible working and enhanced family/partner friendly policies
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including Simply Health Cash Plan, Perkbox, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from Yoga to massages
- We’re committed to your personal career growth through learning
- Free Food Fridays including salad, cake and our infamous Deli Day
- Team socials – we’ve had everything from BBQs and bootcamps to beer and our annual birthday bash
What we value
Design for people
Our products need to be easy to use, relevant and accessible. Balancing user needs with business objectives is crucial to our success. We constantly re-evaluate how we can deliver the best user experiences for everyone who use the products and services we build.
Build for the future
Our products and services will evolve and develop over time, so they need to be robust and easy to maintain. Striving to make code as clear & efficient as possible to help us to remain nimble to change and maintain performance.
Share and learn together
Collaboration throughout the design and build process is essential. Sharing our ideas and expertise with each other, our clients and the wider web community makes us better at what we do.
Send us your CV along with a covering letter telling us about you, your career, your ambitions and why you think you’d be a great fit within our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).