We are experts in career technology. We have been providing job board and recruitment technology to our clients since 2000, working with the world’s leading media brands and organisations in 10 languages and 14 countries.
You will be working with a talented team to build, monitor and support our leading Job Board product that powers global brands such as The Guardian and Washington Post. You’ll be working with hapi (Node.js) servers, GraphQL, nunjucks, Docker and our Design System daily.
We encourage DevOps working & you’ll be working with our CI/CD pipeline to deploy your code and measure performance.
We’re looking for someone who understands the bigger picture, can get things done and takes ownership of what you will be working on to help deliver a consistently amazing user experience.
Who you are:
We are looking for someone with:
- A passion for delivering excellent web products that are accessible, well designed and deliver the best user experience.
- The skills to write well structured, efficient, full stack code using the right tools to ensure workflows are automated and efficient.
- Knowledge of how to write secure code knowing all the right techniques to protect against security attacks.
Skills wise you need to be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the following:
- HTML 5, CSS, and Web standards
- Node.js, ideally hapi & nunjucks
- Front end JS frameworks (we use Vue.js)
- Consuming GraphQL and REST API’s
- Containerisation using Docker
- Experience of building high performant, scaleable products
- The usual front-end build tools.
Ideally you would have already worked within a product environment and understand the differences of building a product over greenfield websites or have a really good passion to want to move into this area.
What It’s Like to Work at Madgex:
Smart – we’re intelligent, we’re innovative, we’re problem solvers
Collaborative — with clients and with each other
Bold – we challenge, we’re brave, think big and we’re thought leaders
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on team work, learning & development and our regular social gatherings. As an equally important member of our team you will be rewarded with:
- A salary of £35,000 to £45,000, reviewed annually
- 25 days holiday, increasing each year you work with us
- Flexible working – we believe in work/life balance
- Enhanced family/partner friendly policies – we want to support you in those big life moments
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including BHSF Health Cash Plan, Perkbox, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from Yoga to massages organised by our dedicated Health & Happiness team
- Team socials – we’ve had everything from BBQs and bootcamps to beer and our annual birthday bash
- We’re committed to your personal career growth and we’ll provide you with learning and development resources
- A dedicated Buddy in your first week alongside a full induction schedule, giving you the chance to meet the whole Madgex family
Send us your CV along with a covering letter telling us about you, your career, your ambitions and why you think you’d be a great fit within our team.
We can’t wait to hear from you and invite you into the Madgex team.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (ProtectedCharacteristics).