We are experts in career technology. We have been providing job board and recruitment technology to our clients since 2000, working with the world’s leading media brands and organisations in 10 languages and 14 countries.
Madgex has offices based across the globe and has been named in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for and Great Places to Work. We’re looking for someone to join our Systems team, based in the centre of Brighton and we want you to apply.
We’re looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team. You will be working with your colleagues to monitor, maintain and improve upon our highly available AWS hosted infrastructure, ensuring we’re providing the best possible service to our growing client base. You will also be working closely with the development team maintaining and developing the continuous deployment pipelines across our products as well as designing and architecting innovative solutions in AWS to drive the company forward and to reduce costs.
Essential skills & responsibilities:
- Significant commercial experience maintaining and designing hosting environments in the AWS cloud platform.
- Excellent scripting & automation skills, ideally using PowerShell & bash.
- Proactively improving and architecting AWS infrastructure and processes.
- Excellent exposure to “infrastructure as code” and full automation using configuration management tools.
- Deep understanding of continuous delivery pipelines & DevOps practises.
- Good working experience of Docker along with experience in deploying containers into a microservice environment.
- Providing out-of-hours support in a 24⁄7 on-call rota.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when speaking with clients and non-technical staff.
- Excellent Windows & Linux administration skills.
Ideally you will also have:
- Good working knowledge of BitBucket, Nant, Octopus Deploy, Jenkins
- A working knowledge of the ELK Stack.
- Good networking knowledge using ALB, ELB and nginx.
- Full understanding of the AWS technology stack and how to apply it.
- Experience with large scale Web Hosting environments.
- Experience with 3rd party tools & services like DataDog, AlertLogic, PagerDuty.
- Experience working with clients as well as business stakeholders.
Who You Are:
You will be someone experienced and comfortable with the responsibility of maintaining multiple production workloads, including all the challenges, troubleshooting and varied work that comes with that responsibility. Ability to design and implement creative solutions on various platforms that meet the requirements of the business and team with a keen eye on automation, security and cost. Solid technical knowledge is great, but accountability and proactivity are the key traits that we’re looking for in a Snr Systems Engineer.
You will be someone who’s always improving yourself and moving with the industry. You will already have achieved big things whether you have a degree or not and you’ll be looking to start the next chapter in your career within a growing, global company.
What It’s Like to Work at Madgex:
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on teamwork, learning & development and our regular social gatherings.
Smart – we’re intelligent, we’re innovative, we’re problem solvers
Collaborative — with clients and with each other
Bold – we challenge, we’re brave, think big and we’re thought leaders
As an important member of our team you will be rewarded with:
- A salary of up to £50,000 (plus £4,950 on call allowance) per annum, reviewed annually
- 25 days holiday, increasing each year you work with us
- Enhanced family/partner friendly policies – we want to support you in those big life moments
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including Health Cash Plan, Perkbox, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from weekly Yoga to monthly massages organised by our dedicated Health & Happiness team
- Team socials – we’ve had everything from BBQs and bootcamps to beer and our annual birthday bash
- We’re committed to your personal career growth and we’ll provide you with learning and development resources
- A dedicated Buddy in your first week alongside a full induction schedule, giving you the chance to meet the whole Madgex family.
Send us your CV along with a covering letter telling us about you, your career, your ambitions and why you think you’d be a great fit within our team.
We can’t wait to hear from you and invite you into the Madgex team.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).