We’re looking for a UI Designer to join our friendly team in the heart of Brighton. You’ll be part of our innovation team, developing new ways for employers to better communicate with jobseekers.
Working closely with our UX designers and researchers, you’ll be tackling the interesting and often complex challenge of how we can bring together employers and jobseekers in powerful new ways.
Madgex builds recruitment technology for some of the world’s leading brands, like the New York Times, The Guardian, Financial Times and many others. We focus on creating the best connections between the millions of talented people and employers that use our platforms.
We’re revolutionising the job board industry, designing new experiences for jobseekers and giving employers the ability to showcase what makes them unique. Our approach is driven by data and machine learning, making the most of the 12million job searches that happen across our products each month.
Your role is essential to help design the interactive and visual elements of the user experience on our new products:
- Working with the UX designers and researchers to design the UI of new features and guide the creative vision
- Design and maintain shared UI libraries for the product
- Collaborate with the multi-disciplined team to implement the UI design
Experience we’re looking for
- Solid commercial design experience
- An approach to UI and interaction design based on UX research
- Great visual design skills and a meticulous eye for detail
- A good working knowledge of Sketch or equivalent tools for prototyping and visual design work
- Be able maintain and contribute to shared UI libraries for use with other designers
- Experience creating responsive page layouts
- A good knowledge of web accessibility issues
- An understanding of HTML and CSS and experience of working with front-end developers
- A love of learning and sharing of ideas
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on team work, learning and development, and our regular social gatherings
- A salary of £25,000-£32,000 reviewed annually
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing each year you work with us up 30 days
- Flexible working and enhanced family/partner friendly policies
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including Simply Health Cash Plan, Perkbox, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from Yoga to massages
- We’re committed to your personal career growth through learning
- Free Food Fridays including salad, cake and our infamous Deli Day
What we value
Design for people
Our products need to be easy to use, relevant and accessible. Balancing user needs with business objectives is crucial to our success. We constantly re-evaluate how we could can deliver the best user experiences for everyone who uses the products and services we build.
Build for the future
Our products and services will evolve and develop over time, so they need to be robust and easy to maintain. Striving to make code as clear & efficient as possible to help us remain nimble to change and maintain performance.
Share and learn together
Collaboration throughout the design and build process is essential. Sharing our ideas and expertise with each other, our clients and the wider web community makes us better at what we do.
Send us your CV along with a covering letter telling us about you, your career, your ambitions and why you think you’d be a great fit within our team. We can’t wait to hear from you and invite you into the Madgex team.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).