We are experts in career technology. We provide job boards for the world’s leading media brands and organisations in 10 languages and 14 countries. We are now focusing on building the best connections between talented people & employers in the fast-moving area of talent acquisition.
Madgex has offices based across the globe and has been named in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and Great Places to Work. We’re growing our new product teams, based in the centre of Brighton.
We are looking for an individual who is willing to learn on the job, can work autonomously and is looking for a chance to grow and improve their technical skills in a vibrant working environment. Ideally, you’ll have at least three year’s commercial experience or can demonstrate our company values through Open Source contributions or personal projects you’ve undertaken.
Things we consider essential for the role:
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS & Responsive Web Design
- Strong communication skills and positive attitude
- Proactive, with a desire to continually improve, always looking out for new technologies or efficiencies that we can exploit in our products
- Attention to detail
From an experience point of view, you will know:git, SASS, BEM. These should be familiar termsCross-browser & device testing, being able to diagnose & fix issuesA solid understanding of user experience and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuffWeb accessibility and the importance of inclusive design/development
Highly desirable but not essential:Familiarity with node.jsExperience of working with Docker containers
What It’s Like to Work at Madgex:
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on
team work, learning & development and our regular social gatherings.
Smart – we’re intelligent, we’re innovative, we’re problem solvers
Collaborative — with clients and with each other
Bold – we challenge, we’re brave, think big and we’re thought leaders
As an important member of our team you will be rewarded with:
- A salary of £30,000 — £40,000, reviewed annually
- 25 days holiday, increasing each year you work with us
- Flexible working – we believe in work/life balance
- Enhanced family/partner friendly policies – we want to support you in those big life moments
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including Simply Health Cash Plan, Perkbox, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from Yoga to massages organised by our dedicated Health & Happiness team
- Free Food Fridays including salad, cake and our infamous Deli Day
- Team socials – we’ve had everything from BBQs and bootcamps to beer and our annual birthday bash
- We’re committed to your personal career growth and we’ll provide you with learning and development resources
- A dedicated Buddy in your first week alongside a full induction schedule, giving you the chance to meet the whole Madgex family
Send us your CV along with a covering letter telling us about you, your career, your ambitions, why
you think you’d be a great fit within our team and what makes you stand out. For this role it is essential that you also include links to recent examples of your work with your application
Equal Opportunities Statement
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).