We are experts in career technology. We have been providing job board and recruitment technology to our clients since 2000, working with the world’s leading media brands and organisations in 10 languages and 14 countries.
Madgex has offices based across the globe and has been named in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and Great Places to Work. We’re looking for someone to join our Systems team, based in the centre of Brighton and we want you to apply.
We’re looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team. You will be working with your colleagues to monitor, maintain and improve upon our highly-available AWS hosted infrastructure, ensuring we’re providing the best possible service to our growing client base.
Essential skills & responsibilities:
- Commercial experience maintaining hosting environments in the AWS cloud platform
- Excellent Windows & Linux administration skills, but primarily Windows
- Competent at scripting & automation, ideally using PowerShell
- Proactively improving our infrastructure and processes
- Providing out-of-hours infrastructure support in a 24⁄7 on-call rota
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when speaking with clients and non-technical staff.
Ideally you will also have:
- Experience with a Continuously Delivery pipeline & DevOps practises.
- A working knowledge of BitBucket, Nant & Octopus Deploy.
- A working knowledge of the ELK Stack.
- Experience with large scale Web Hosting environments.
- Scripting skills in other languages such as Bash or Python.
- Experience with 3rd party tools & services like DataDog, AlertLogic, PagerDuty.
- Experience working with clients as well as business stakeholders.
Who You Are:
You will be someone experienced and comfortable with the responsibility of maintaining multiple production workloads, including all the challenges, troubleshooting and varied work that comes with that responsibility. Solid technical knowledge is great, but accountability and proactivity are the key traits that we’re looking for in a Systems Administrator.
You will be someone who’s always improving yourself and moving with the industry. You will already have achieved big things whether you have a degree or not and you’ll be looking to start the next chapter in your career within a growing, global company.
What It’s Like to Work at Madgex:
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on team work, learning & development and our regular social gatherings.
Smart – we’re intelligent, we’re innovative, we’re problem solvers
Collaborative — with clients and with each other
Bold – we challenge, we’re brave, think big and we’re thought leaders
As an equally important member of our team you will be rewarded with:
- A salary of £30,000 – £40,000, reviewed annually
- 25 days holiday, increasing each year you work with us
- Enhanced family/partner friendly policies – we want to support you in those big life moments
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including Simply Health Cash Plan, Perkbox, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from weekly Yoga to monthly massages organised by our dedicated Health & Happiness team
- Free Food Fridays including salad, cake and our famous Deli Day
- Team socials – we’ve had everything from BBQs and bootcamps to beer and our annual birthday bash
- We’re committed to your personal career growth and we’ll provide you with learning and development resources
- A dedicated Buddy in your first week alongside a full induction schedule, giving you the chance to meet the whole Madgex family.
Send us your CV along with a covering letter telling us about you, your career, your ambitions and why you think you’d be a great fit within our team.
We can’t wait to hear from you and invite you into the Madgex team.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).