We are experts in career technology. We provide job boards for the world’s leading media brands and organisations in 10 languages and 14 countries. We are now focusing on building the best connections between talented people & employers in the fast moving area of talent acquisition.
Madgex has offices based across the globe and has been named in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and Great Places to Work. We’re growing our new product teams, based in the centre of Brighton.
We’re looking for a Node Developer to join our nthuse product team. We pride ourselves on having an exceptional team here at Madgex so are looking for an exceptional individual. Innovation and how we could/should be better at what we do, is at the forefront of our daily approach to development. Our team are passionate about development and love learning and sharing their knowledge with each other. If you share this passion, and enjoy working as part of a dynamic, vibrant team, then we’d like to hear from you.
From an experience point of view, you should have:
- Good commercial development experience in Node.js, including coding, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment
- Experience with ES6, using async/await and using promise based design patterns
- Experience with Webpack and client-side frameworks such as Vue and React
- Experience with Testing Tools and code quality checks, e.g. code coverage and linting using libraries like Mocha, Chai, ESLint or alternatives
- Some experience with AWS such as Lambda, S3, ECS, and CloudWatch.
- SQL knowledge (MySQL or Postgres), familiarity with techniques to identify slow queries and debugging
- Solid understanding of building performant REST API’s with HAPI.js or similar framework
- Strong experience with git, npm and all the common Node modules
- Docker ecosystem and container orchestration systems such as ECS or Kubernetes
nthuse — A new product
You will be working on a newly launched product which is still under major development. We are tackling new problems around employer brand and talent acquisition, which offer many interesting challenges. A large amount of the system is written in node.js
Design for people
Our products need to be easy to use, relevant and accessible, whichever way users interact with them. Balancing user needs with our client’s business objectives is crucial to our success. We are re-imagining how we could deliver market leading user experiences across all our user groups, and ask that you come with an open mind at working with the old and the new.
Build for the future
Our products and systems will evolve and develop over time, so they need to be robust and easy to maintain. Striving to make code as clear & efficient as possible to help us to remain nimble to change, and maintain performance.
Share and learn together
Collaboration throughout the design process is essential. Sharing our ideas and expertise with each other, our clients and the wider design community makes us better at what we do.
Who You Are:
You will already have achieved big things whether you have a degree or not and you’ll be looking to start the next chapter in your career within a growing, global company. You are creative, consistent and dynamic as well as inspiring, supportive and a great communicator.
What It’s Like to Work at Madgex:
Smart - intelligent, innovative, problem solvers
Collaborative — with clients, with each other
Bold - challenge, brave, think big, thought leaders
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on team work, learning & development and our regular social gatherings. As an equally important member of our team you will be rewarded with:
- A salary of £40,000-£50,000, reviewed annually
- 25 days holiday, increasing each year you work with us
- Flexible working – we believe in work/life balance
- Enhanced family/partner friendly policies – we want to support you in those big life moments
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including Simply Health Cash Plan, Perkbox, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from Yoga to quarterly massages organised by our dedicated Health & Happiness team
- Free Food Fridays including salad, cake and our infamous Deli Day
- Team socials – we’ve had everything from BBQs and bootcamps to beer and our annual birthday bash
- We’re committed to your personal career growth and we’ll provide you with learning and development resources
- A dedicated Buddy in your first week alongside a full induction schedule, giving you the chance to meet the whole Madgex family
Send us your CV along with a covering letter telling us about you, your career, your ambitions and why you think you’d be a great fit within our team. For this role it is essential that you also include links to recent examples of your work with your application
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (ProtectedCharacteristics).