We are experts in career technology. We have been providing job board and recruitment technology to our clients since 2000, working with the world’s leading media brands and organisations in 10 languages and 14 countries.
Madgex has offices based across the globe and has been named in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and Great Places to Work. We’re growing our Systems team, based in the centre of Brighton and we want you to apply.
We are looking for a Lead Systems Engineer to join our Systems team. You will be leading your team and working with the rest of the business to maintain, build and develop several large pieces of infrastructure hosted in AWS.
To do this you will need:-
- At least 2 years’ experience managing production infrastructure in AWS.
- A strong multi-disciplined technical background managing systems and infrastructure.
- A solid understanding of how best to host and monitor high traffic consumer web services.
- Experience in leading, developing and motivating technical staff.
- A solid understanding of security principles, resiliency and disaster recovery.
- To reduce costs with full accountability for all aspects of our infrastructure.
- Competence in a scripting language such as Powershell or Python.
- Experience providing on-call support after hours and weekends as needed.
You will also understand:-
- The techniques involved in managing multi-account AWS infrastructure.
- Budgets, billing and how best to reduce costs in AWS.
- DevOps principles and how to incorporate them into the business.
- How best to work productively with development teams and all areas of the business.
- High-availability techniques using IIS, NGINX, Elasticsearch and SQL Server.
- Networking principles, topology and best practice.
- How to leverage configuration management tools and monitoring techniques.
- CI/CD deployment pipelines using tools such as Octopus Deploy.
Who You Are:
Do you have the ambition to drive meaningful change and a passion for hosting SaaS products in AWS? Do you take pride in your achievements? Are you a supportive, technical and conscientious individual who thrives when leading a highly technical team?
Ideally you’re someone who’s held a senior or lead position before, or someone who can demonstrate your passion and experience to support your desire to progress in to such a role. You’re someone who doesn’t shy away from a large, challenging responsibilities, and you’re ready for the next step in your career.
What It’s Like to Work at Madgex:
Smart - intelligent, innovative, problem solvers
Collaborative — with clients, with each other
Bold — challenge, brave, think big, thought leaders
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on team work, learning & development and our regular social gatherings. As an equally important member of our team you will be rewarded with:
- A salary of £50,000-£55,000, reviewed annually
- 25 days holiday, increasing each year you work with us
- Flexible working – we believe in work/life balance
- Enhanced family/partner friendly policies – we want to support you in those big life moments
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including Simply Health Cash Plan, Perkbox, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from Yoga to monthly massages organised by our dedicated Health & Happiness team
- Free Food Fridays including salad, cake and our infamous Deli Day
- Team socials – we’ve had everything from BBQs and bootcamps to beer and our annual birthday bash
- We’re committed to your personal career growth and we’ll provide you with learning and development resources
- A dedicated Buddy in your first week alongside a full induction schedule, giving you the chance to meet the whole Madgex family
Send us your CV along with a covering letter telling us about you, your career, your ambitions and why you think you’d be a great fit within our team.Why not get the conversation started by telling us what you think of our latest blog post https://www.madgex.com/labs/knowledge-hub/blog/hey…
We can’t wait to hear from you and invite you into the Madgex team.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).