Madgex are experts in career technology. We have been providing job board and recruitment technology to our clients since 2000, working with the world’s leading media brands and organisations in 10 languages and 14 countries.
Madgex has offices based across the globe and has been named in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and Great Places to Work.
Our focus is on automation, we currently use technologies such as Selenium Web Driver to provide a regression suite for the web front end, and SOAPUI to test our API’s. Our team are currently experimenting with puppeteer and we’re open to new and fresh ideas on what technologies we should be using.
We see the value in our Software Testers as people who can think out of the box and be our end users. Bringing the voice of someone who will click on the unexpected and do the things we didn’t think about. Exploratory testing is a must, and someone who like to just find out is essential.
In this role you will:
- Participate in sprint planning, helping to identify acceptance criteria and plan out test plans.
- Create test stories using gherkin and cucumber frameworks.
- Run regressions suites for our weekly releases.
- Continue to automate manual elements of our regression’s suites using a variety of tools and technologies but primarily Selenium Web Driver.
- Deal with pull requests, to merge in changes and perform manual tests on features.
- Work with the developers and product owners to identify risks of release and help determine when the product is ready for production.
You will have:
- At least two years software testing experience in a web browser environment.
- Some experience in writing automated tests, or a demonstrable self-education in this area.
- Experience of testing in an Agile framework.
- Able to know and explain the different types of testing and be able to use them at the appropriate times.
- Able to manage your own time and work load.
- Think out of the box when approaching problems.
- Have excellent communication skills and great attention to detail.
- Ideally have worked on testing a SaaS product before.
Smart — intelligent, innovative, problem solvers
Collaborative — with clients, with each other
Bold — challenge, brave, think big, thought leaders
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on team work, learning and development, and our regular social gatherings. As an equally important member of our team you will be rewarded with:
- A salary of £23,000-£40,000 (dependant on experience), reviewed annually
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing each year you work with us up 30 days
- Flexible working – we believe in work/life balance
- Enhanced family/partner friendly policies – we want to support you in those big life moments
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including Simply Health Cash Plan, Perkbox, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from Yoga to monthly massages organised by our dedicated Health & Happiness team
- Free Food Fridays including salad, cake and our infamous Deli Day
- Team socials – we’ve had everything from BBQs and bootcamps to beer and our annual birthday bash
- We’re committed to your personal career growth and we’ll provide you with learning and development resources
- A dedicated Buddy in your first week alongside a full induction schedule, giving you the chance to meet the whole Madgex family and we’ll even eat cake to celebrate you joining
Send us your CV along with a covering letter telling us about you, your career, your ambitions and why you think you’d be a great fit within our team. We can’t wait to hear from you and invite you into the Madgex team.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).