We are experts in career technology. We provide job boards for the world’s leading media brands and organisations in 10 languages and 14 countries. We are now focusing on building the best connections between talented people & employers in the fast moving area of talent acquisition.
Madgex has offices based across the globe and has been named in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and Great Places to Work. We’re growing our new product teams, based in the centre of Brighton.
Your day to day role will be to provide support to both our Job Board Enterprise and Job Board Pro products. Working with Project Managers you’ll be taking designs for our customers sites and implementing them into our SaSS products to ensure that each client’s site delivers to their brand working with our existing tech stack and over time migrating into our new front end streams as our move to the next generation of tech progresses.
As a Junior Front-End Developer, you will be part of a cross functional team as well as part of a vibrant Front-End development team who are passionate about learning and sharing their experience and knowledge with each other. No day will be the same, whether you’re crafting new HTML, solving a tricky CSS problem, investigating and fixing rendering problems, or learning how to use latest technologies.
We are looking for an individual who is willing to learn on the job, can work autonomously and is looking for a chance to grow and improve their technical skills in a vibrant working environment. Ideally you’ll have at least one year’s commercial experience or can demonstrate our company values through Open Source contributions or personal projects you’ve undertaken.
Things we consider essential for the role:
- Strong communication skills and positive attitude
- Proactive, with a desire to continually improve, always looking out for new technologies or efficiencies that we can exploit in our products
- Attention to detail
From an experience point of view, you should have:
- A good understanding of HTML, CSS & Responsive Web Design
- An understanding of git, SASS, BEM. These should be familiar terms
- An understanding of cross-browser & device testing, being able to diagnose & fix issues
- A basic understanding of user experience and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
Desirable but not essential:
- Some node.js exposure
- Experience of working with Docker containers
- Knowledge of web accessibility
What It’s Like to Work at Madgex:
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on team work, learning & development and our regular social gatherings.
Smart – we’re intelligent, we’re innovative, we’re problem solvers
Collaborative — with clients and with each other
Bold – we challenge, we’re brave, think big and we’re thought leaders
As an important member of our team you will be rewarded with:
- A salary of £23,000 — £30,000, reviewed annually
- 25 days holiday, increasing each year you work with us
- Flexible working – we believe in work/life balance
- Enhanced family/partner friendly policies – we want to support you in those big life moments
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including Simply Health Cash Plan, Perkbox, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from Yoga to massages organised by our dedicated Health & Happiness team
- Free Food Fridays including salad, cake and our infamous Deli Day
- Team socials – we’ve had everything from BBQs and bootcamps to beer and our annual birthday bash
- We’re committed to your personal career growth and we’ll provide you with learning and development resources
- A dedicated Buddy in your first week alongside a full induction schedule, giving you the chance to meet the whole Madgex family
Send us your CV along with a covering letter telling us about you, your career, your ambitions, why you think you’d be a great fit within our team and what makes you stand out.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).