We are experts in career technology. We have been providing job board and recruitment technology to our clients since 2000, working with the world’s leading media brands and organisations in 10 languages and 14 countries. Madgex has offices based across the globe and has been named in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for and Great Places to Work.
We’re creating new career focused products and have been expanding to introduce a new scrum team. We’re looking for a Product Owner to join this team to represent the user needs and provide leadership to the team to ensure user stories are well defined, teams know where they are going, and release plans are well communicated across the company. You’ll own the product release map, developer scope and define backlog items (epic/features/user stories). Solve product related problems, make decisions and complete trade-off analysis to ensure we stay on track. Acting as a leader of the team you’ll be agreeing the objectives with the Head of Product and CTO and linking these together with the team, ensuring they understand the vision and goals of what is needed. Whilst you won’t be the teams line manager you’ll handle general one to ones with the team to ensure they are aligned, clear on work and agree holiday with the team to ensure goals are met.
Who you are: We’re looking for someone with solid Product Management experience who is happy working in the detail, co-ordinating and organising UX, Dev and Test, whilst being able to manage stakeholders and their expectations through clear product planning and stakeholder communication.
You have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to work with people across many different disciplines. Building those relationships to understand what each person needs to ensure that they understand what is required to deliver the roadmap.
Specific skills we would be looking for: -
- Worked with JIRA and other agile planning tools
- Deep understanding of agile methodologies especially with experience of working with development teams in a scrum flow.
- Experience of using velocity and sizing to estimate release plans.
- Able to write clear user stories that capture the value, reason and goal of what is being achieved.
- Demonstrable roadmap planning of a product, able to breakdown goals to deliver fast iterative progressing with measurable value at each release.
- Sales or marketing experience to understand the commercial angles of a product, to feed into the marketing and commercial sales discussions.
What It’s Like to Work at Madgex:
Smart – we’re intelligent, we’re innovative, we’re problem solvers
Collaborative — with clients and with each other
Bold – we challenge, we’re brave, think big and we’re thought leaders
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on team work, learning & development and our regular social gatherings. As an equally important member of our team you will be rewarded with:
- A salary of £40,000 to £50,000, reviewed annually
- 25 days holiday, increasing each year you work with us
- Flexible working – we believe in work/life balance
- Enhanced family/partner friendly policies – we want to support you in those big life moments
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including Healthcare cover, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from Yoga to massages organised by our dedicated Health & Happiness team
- Team socials – we’ve had everything from BBQs and bootcamps to beer and our annual birthday bash
- We’re committed to your personal career growth and we’ll provide you with learning and development resources
- A dedicated Buddy in your first week alongside a full induction schedule, giving you the chance to meet the whole Madgex family
Send us your CV along with a covering letter telling us about you, your career, your ambitions and why you think you’d be a great fit within our team.
We can’t wait to hear from you and invite you into the Madgex team.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).